Mankiewicz Gebr. & Co. was founded in 1895 as an independent subsidiary of the English paint factory Robert Ingham, Clark and Felix Mankiewicz initially for the sale and later for the manufacture of high-quality paints for coaches according to original English formulae.
In 1930, paint manufacturer Ottmar J. Grau acquired the company from the Mankiewicz family heirs. Since the 1980s the company has been managed by the current managing partner Michael Ottmar Grau.
Investments in the areas of research and development, as well as modern production facilities are the basis for successful business development worldwide.
Worldwide, Mankiewicz now has more than one thousand four hundred employees.
The better the paint the more cost-effective and environment-friendly the application result.
It is the principle of our traditionally outstanding quality philosophy to always offer the very best. Not only does this mean fulfilling external requirements but also our own personal standards. No matter in which country we produce our materials - the same applies everywhere: The best possible product for each customer.
We guarantee the consistently high quality of products and processes by means of our established – and above all practised - quality management system.
- Mankiewicz’s quality management system was first certified by the Federal Association of the German Aviation and Aerospace Industry (Bundesverband der Deutschen Luft-, Raum- und Ausrüstungsindustrie) in 1992.
- Since 1995, ISO 9001 has formed the basis of our quality system.
- We have also been fulfilling the additional requirements in accordance with QS 9000, VDA 6.1, ISO/TS 16949 and
EN 9100 since 1998 (ISO/TS 16949 and EN 9100 already include ISO 9001). This certification not only guarantees the required product safety but also commits us to constantly improve our performance. All environmental requirements are adhered to: ecologically beneficial products and processing methods are applied.
- In the certification according to ISO 14001 which we received in 2009 the efficiency and sustainability of our environmental activities is independently verified.
- Successful customer audits such as the VDA 6.3 process audit by Daimler AG ensure permanent adherence to the current best practice methods of our customers. A reliable supplier and project management, fast order processing and safe production processes will ensure reliable deliveries in future.
Mankiewicz UK LLP's Badges
0 / 2 Badges Achieved
Members who have attended workshops on inclusion in the workplace and improving workplace mental health gain the inclusivity badge. To learn more about becoming a member of the Made in Group inclusivity campaign visit www.madeequal.com
Members who have the passport badge have enhanced membership that includes the option to attend all national events. To enquire about becoming a passport member email [email protected]
Unit 26, Ashville Way, Whetstone, LE8 6NU
Tel: +44 (0) 11 62 84 77 80